Volvo Penta V6 240 hp

lisabe

Recruit
HI All, <br />I am new to this whole boat thing and would like to be more frugal about general maintenance, etc. First step being the oil change, and building from there. Any suggestions on basic manuals that you used. I looked for a Volvo Penta manual, but they are all older and my boat is a 2003 Crownline.<br />thanks in advance for the help!<br />-LB

a.d.mobile

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Volvo Penta V6 240 hp

what is you're mech back ground? In tex do you guys store boats or winterize? must get to boat 365 ah! there is more than oil ch. suggest going to dealer and get the book. is it a tru volvo or the joint venture drive both are great. being a crown line is it a dual prop? a 03 crown cost big $$$$$$ not worth trying to save a 100.00 max on oil ch dont forget drive pull. the alignment need to be checked after 50 hrs and grease u-joints and gimbal brg. I try to do all service 1 time a year at storage time oil ch, drive pull, fuel filters. winterize but i live in the north!!

lisabe

Recruit
Re: Volvo Penta V6 240 hp

a.d.mobile thanks for your reply, I basically have no mechanical skills per se, but really want to learn the right way to do some of the things myself.<br /><br />In answer to your questions, we do winterize boats in Texas, but can probably boat about 300 days a year :) might be worth considering relocating! <br /><br />The engine is a true Volvo, single prop.<br />Any other insight you can offer would be great.<br />thanks again!