Seaswirl Striper v-6 Volvo

Bird man

Recruit
Wife and I were planning to purchase a new Seaswirl Striper but heard there were problems for the last couple of years that had something to do with structural integrity, and Seaswirl did not want to get into the repairs which resulted in a class action suit. Any Seaswirl fans out there? Please give us an update if you know before we plunk out $25,000 for a new aboat!

D

DJ

Re: Seaswirl Striper v-6 Volvo

Bird man,<br /><br />I think Capn Mike has one.<br /><br />You might try hailing him in the Boat Questions section. Or, possibly he has his e-mail listed.

masterp

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I thought Sea Swirl had a ten year transferable hull warranty. Are you saying they aren,t living up to it?

Capn Mike

Chief Petty Officer

Just saw this post. There's a long string in the Hull Truth forum by a guy in Calif. who truly had a problem with a 26'. But I've not heard of anyone else with a similar horror story (and his problem appeared to be more with the dealer than with Seaswirl). <br />I have a 2000 (OMC) 23' Striper WA O/B., and I can honestly say I've had no problems with the boat. And the 10 year hull warranty is transferable. The bow pulpit is strictly for looks and is something I could do without, and I'd prefer insulated fish boxes...other than that, the boat has performed nicely.<br />I bought Striper because it cost only a little more than Trophy, but, to my eyes, appeared to be better quality (and I knew I'd get better re-sale, if needed). I had an power pack issue with the Johnson OB, handled under warranty (with Bombardier).<br />Seaswirls Stripers are built not far from here, and are very popular in the NW. They were obviously designed by and for fisherman. This winter I actually put mine up for sale, thinking I needed something bigger, but changed my mind (with the help of my wife... :rolleyes: ) I would have purchased a larger Striper (or an old Tolly). Mine handles the nasty chops in the Columbia River very well, and I launch it for the 3rd season next week!

sundancer270

Seaman Apprentice

I had a sea swirl Striper. That Boat is Built like a TANK. I think seaswirl makes the best Hull in the industry. I had to sell mine ( started a Bus.) I can say I had a tear in my eye when it went out of my driveway. I now have a Sea Ray sundancer. I would of Bought another Sea Swirl. But they don't make a Cruser in the size I wanted. It's still my Favorate Boat & Built the BEST. Good Luck Fishing