Volvo tilt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBones

Cadet
Hello all,<br /><br />I have a VP AQ231A hooked up with a 290DP drive. <br /><br />Here's my problem...<br /><br />I backed the boat off the trailer and eased to the dock like normal. My younger son<br />grabbed a rail to hold it place. Unfortunately, the wind was so strong, he was unable to <br />hold the bow in, and I was spun around and driven backwards into some rip rap. Luckily, <br />I had cut the motor, but, the drive was still down.<br /><br />I jumped out, and had to lift and push the boat off the rip rap, until it was far enough<br />out to start. It didn't seem like anything was damaged. Skeg, props, everything looks OK.<br /><br />Now the drive continually drops at a slow to medium pace. Whether under power or not. <br />Maybe 1 degree every 30 to 60 seconds. It will tilt back up with no problem, just<br />drops on its own with and without the pump running.<br /><br />There are no leaks to be found. The hoses, connections, and rams, look fine. Including<br />the pump and connections. <br /><br />Does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong?<br /><br />Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.<br /><br />Mike

Gene70

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Volvo tilt problem

Your problem could be one of several. If you give me a call I can discuss it with you. I have been a Volvo dealer for 35 years. You can call me at 1-800-949-2189

Status
Not open for further replies.