Volvo Penta shop manual

1979 Quartermasters

Chief Petty Officer
My friend just bought a 18 foot 1997 Starcraft with a 3 litre GS, 130 horse, model #3868404, serial # t01302608. ITs the charcoal grey engine and drive. I looked through the "Sticky" section and was having some difficulty find the right manual. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Is there any thing we should be looking for. We want to do the regular spring maintenance and inspections. Thanks!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Volvo Penta shop manual

I looked through the "Sticky" section
We want to do the regular spring maintenance and inspections.

Ayuh,... In the Adults Only section,...
I know Don has some Volvo manuals in the manuals thread,... Donno if your's is or not...
The thread titled "Summerization", or something like that covers All the stuff you're lookin' for...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

3 litre GS, 130 horse, model #3868404, serial # t01302608

That 3868404 number is the spec number, and the t0xxxxxxx number is an OMC serial number not Volvo. They are the same spec number, just different types of SN's and I can't check OMC serial numbers.
Not too big a problem as the spec number can identify the engine, however, the spec number you posted is for the drive and has nothing about the engine. You need to find the engine spec number, then you can find the mauals.

1979 Quartermasters

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the quick response. I would also like information about the drive. Where would I find the spec # you are refering to and what would it look like. I own a Merc and am slowly learning how to take care of it myself. But I know nothing about this Volvo. He wants to put it in the water as the dealer said he would stand behind what he sold. I would like to inspect boots, gimble, shafts,u-joints etc. before he runs into problems on the water. The boat is very clean and looks to be well maintained.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It's an NC model engine and drive. The Volvo section in the Adults only sticky has the manuals.