removing my volvo stern drive

kaz20020

Recruit
hi i want to remove my volvo penta 100b stern drive there are 2 pins that hold it to the transom plate they have locking bolts which i have removed the pins have slots in them do they screw out or knock out as they are semi seized it would be nice to no how to go about removing them thanks mark

Bondo

Staff member
Re: removing my volvo stern drive

I've been to Volvo schools for many years, and worked on a lot of different drives, but I have never even seen a 100 drive.
I do have an OEM service manual

Ayuh,.... But ya got the Manual, If you ever do run across 1,......;)

You're my personal Hero, Don,..........:D

captmello

Captain

hi i want to remove my volvo penta 100b stern drive there are 2 pins that hold it to the transom plate they have locking bolts which i have removed the pins have slots in them do they screw out or knock out as they are semi seized it would be nice to no how to go about removing them thanks mark

As usual, the OEM manual doesn't help at all with this.

I've never seen a 100 drive either but I would speculate the pin is simply driven in and out. I think the slot is for rotating the pin when it is installed to line up the area that the locking pin goes through.

this is a picture of the pin from my 1988 275 outdrive. Not the same outdrive but every outdrive after yours, up to the early 90s used this same pin. Yours has a different part number.

pivotpin2.jpg
[/IMG]

How about a little more info about your project. Pics are always nice.:)

kaz20020

Recruit

thanks for your help i had an idea that the slots may be there to reline the locking bolts but was not certain. i will post some pics when i remove the leg and maybe some one could identify the model for me thanks again mark