Volvo / Sherwood impeller kit... HELP

billbayliner

Chief Petty Officer
Hello all: I have a sheerwood sea water pump I want to replace the impeller and gaskets in but am having a hell of a time finding the kit for the specific pump. I can find impeller but not kit.

I have went to volvo site with no luck. I keep getting kits that the gaskets are not even close to.

Through extensive research I believe this is a Sherwood G9901 pump as it has the 6 1/2 pully as shown in this link.
http://www.marinemanifold.com/partspages/pumps/ENGINES/VOLVO1.HTM

I have uploaded a picture of the pump pulled apart

Anybody have a kit # for this pump? I do not care who the manufacturer is I just want the proper kit.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 0

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Volvo / Sherwood impeller kit... HELP

If no luck in the Iboats store try Ebasicpower on the web, pretty sure they have one..

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What is the FULL model number of your engine?

billbayliner

Chief Petty Officer

Hi Don: The complete model number is 5.7 GL PMDA

I ended up finding the kit from Sherwood. It is the 9959K. The corresponding volvo / aftermarket kits did not contain the o-ring or the proper gaskets in their kits. For example the Sierra 18-3046 kit.

I found the prints for the pump

http://www.sherwoodpumpsdistribution.com/FileAttachments/Marine-Distribution/en-us/MPG_G9901.pdf

And also the kit specs and got the machinist ruler out and match everything up to be sure.

Also happened to find a Sherwood G9001 new pump in my searching for only $101.

Don would you know the tourque setting for the manifold and riser bolts on the 5.7 GL? I suck up sand and had to pull to clean them out.

As always Don, your help is greatly appreciated.