Fuel pumps again

fire joe

Recruit
My boat is a 1996 Volvo penta 21 ft striper with a 5.0 ford EFI . I love my boat however after sitting for awhile , just learned that my fuel pump will not prime so replaced it and yes it came to life but it quickly failed so then replaced the one relay and discover that the pump has no power to it . I know thats theirs a second relay to the EEC and will check or replace that one to as well could some tell me how to jump the low press pump with power with out damaging ant thing . have not tried that one before . I have two shop manuals and limited back yard mechanic skills . The boat has a fuel circuit breaker for the pumps could it be thats the problem ? So whats my next step ?

alldodge

Staff member
Attached is the wiring diagrams I have and both list for 5.8, but should be same as 5.0. The first shows a 12.5 amp fuse inline, but the next does not, same as with the diode

VP Fuel Pumps.JPGFord 5.8.jpg

fire joe

Recruit
Well thats the first step on my journey , thanks for the post I'll have to get really involved with that schematic GO NAVY ! Hancock and the Big E