Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140a water pump

Hey all
    I have been told to try and track down a water pump for my engine (the internal not sea water pump) I know that the engine is a B21 but the only pumps I can find are around $500 which is a bit out of my price range considering I can get a similar standard car pump for $40. The part number for the boat is 3587508. I am having trouble finding a compatible standard pump to fit. Does anyone know what part number I need for a replacement? I might end up having to take it off and take it in but it would be good to know before hand.

Thanks

What's wrong with the pump?
    Unless the bearings and seals are bad?? they don't go bad.
    You can try taking it to Volvo auto parts and see if you can get a match?

Used on eBay
    828023 221$
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-Penta...8AAOSwxklcjURU

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
    ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM I WON'T ANSWER AS MY SYSTEM CAN'T REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS

Comment

I don't know whats wrong with it. The guy I took it to for repair asked if I would look at getting a replacement. So was just seeing if there was a cheaper option for the same piece

Comment

Normally marine pumps have bronze impellers and stainless covers. Auto pumps have stamped steel impellers and stamped steel covers.

However if your 140a is geat exchanged cooled, it is an auto pump

Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
        1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
        2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
        1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X