Instruments not working

Davidemox

Cadet
Hi everybody, I am new to this forum. I am trying to solve a problem with my left part of instruments panel. I have a bavaria 27 sport with 2 Volvo Penta gxi 2006. Born engines are running perfectly but the left instruments are deaths. After moving the boat on a trailer, once in the water, the left engine stated good but RPM oil press and temp were off. The small lcd screen in the RPM is working and I think it is connected to the same bus cam for the instruments. They reappeared for 10 minutes after several try but they gone again. Any suggestions? Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
I'm thinking a bad connection. What kind of gauges, are they analog or digital as in a display panel

Davidemox

Cadet
The RPM is analog with a lcd display in it. But the connection are bus cam in series
​​today I inverted the connection left to right and the problem switch from left to right so the instruments it self are good.
I did the same switching the two connectors form the helm interface unit left to right and the problem appeared opposite. So now the next step I think is to switch the two HIU. If the problem goes to the opposite the wiring is good and the problem is or the HIU ( that would be expensive) or a signal from the engine

alldodge

Staff member
Just noticed this should be in the VP section, GA_Boater could you do the honors

Yes that would be expensive, but your narrowing it down

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Moved to V-P. It sounds like engine buss electronics more than a power source problem.

Thanks for the knock on the door, AD.

Davidemox

Cadet
Guys, now I have a couple of messages on the let engine.
engine elec. Fault and system elec. Fault. I think I have to go to the technician with VODIA or other diagnoses. Do you know what the messages means?
​​​

alldodge

Staff member
I don't know what it means, but I'm thinking that if there was a loose connection, this kind of fault would be expected.

System electrical fault

Davidemox

Cadet
I have a news, entering the settings ( the hidden settings) the system asked me the actual fuel on board in percentage. I set 25% that is more or less the actual. I don't know how but all the instruments reappeared. Is this magic?

alldodge

Staff member
The issue we (maybe just I) have is the system your using I have not been around. I could be that all sensors which are connected have to be programed before the system will start working

Davidemox

Cadet
The issue we (maybe just I) have is the system your using I have not been around. I could be that all sensors which are connected have to be programed before the system will start working

Could you explain what you mean?

alldodge

Staff member
Could you explain what you mean?

Don't really know how to explain further, other then to reword what I already said. I don't know the VODIA system or how it works. Some systems require all sensors which have been connected to be programed before the systems goes live.

The programing may just be as simple as having a temp sensor be told what the current temp is, may also be the amount of fuel available :noidea: I'm just guessing right now

Davidemox

Cadet
Ok thankyou, VODIA is the official diagnosis for Volvo penta engines, it can also update all the software system. I hope it will find the solution for my problem.