Need help from Professional VP Mechanics

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Does this have a crankshaft sensor like the newer mpi/gxi ? This could cause such an issue and be intermittent too.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Does this have a crankshaft sensor like the newer mpi/gxi ? This could cause such an issue and be intermittent too.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
hope you figure it out...thinking about it gives me a headache...glad I still have these....lol.....

Attachments

• photo284214.jpg
    photo284214.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo313911.jpg
    photo313911.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 0

Regal1973

Petty Officer 2nd Class
QBhoy, this does have a crank sensor (it's a 2008 motor) and was just replaced by my VP mechanic. A brand new VP sensor was installed and no fix with my idle issue.

I haven't had the opportunity to test the coolant temp sensor like Saline Marina has suggested.
Outside of this sensor test, I'm completely at a loss. It definitely appears to be temp related.

I'm afraid my VP machanic shop is at the point that they are slowly and quietly "backing out" as their last communication was that the fuel burn was incorrect because they, for one reason or another, think my new motor was a "New" aka remanufactured motor with different internals than a factory motor and therefore the computer is trying to adjust for a different piston & bore. This meeting of the minds idea came, supposedly from a conversation my VP shop said they had with VOLVO PENTA themselves.

I've been assured by the company I purchased the motor from that my new motor is a BRAND NEW FACTORY GM VP motor and the exact same specs as the factory installed motor.

This is driving me insane. It has to be something simple but for the life of me ( and my VP shop) the issue just hasn't raised its ugly head to the point that anyone can put their finger on it. I hate to incur additional costs but maybe I need to find another VP shop near me in the Tampa Bay area to take a look, to get a second opinion? I'm just very very hesitant because I know the extreme hourly rates of these shops and I've already spent a Significant Amount of $$$ money $$$ already!

Last edited: