5.7Gsi start with no outdrive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.7Gsi start with no outdrive?

I would like to get the engine running and set the timing while i wait on part
    s for the outdrive. I do not know what the coupler looks like so i don’t know if there are any issues running the motor with no drive attached. Any issues with doin that?

I have hooked up the blue connector so I can hook up to the hose for raw water supply. Just wanted to make sure i don’t mess something up running it.

Thanks in advance
    Phil

Ayuh,..... It'll be fine so long as yer supplin' water to the raw water pump,....

Comment

Agreed, and also depending on the state of assembly, you could "jump" the lakewater pump on the crankshaft and supply garden-hose water direct to the hose that supplies the thermostat housing from below.

Comment

Following...

Comment

hook garden hose directly to the inlet of the raw water pump.

or shove end of garden hose into the raw water hose hanging off the transom shield and duct tape in place.
          Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
          1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
          2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
          1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Originally posted by Saline Marina View Post
            Agreed, and also depending on the state of assembly, you could "jump" the lakewater pump on the crankshaft and supply garden-hose water direct to the hose that supplies the thermostat housing from below.
            Ayuh,...... I "Think" that will cause the raw water pump to run dry, which burns up the rubber impeller,......

Comment

Originally posted by Bondo View Post

Ayuh,...... I "Think" that will cause the raw water pump to run dry, which burns up the rubber impeller,......
              Yes...very very good point. I was thinking that was a potential route if the lakewater pump was not yet even assembled and it was desired to test the base engine before a lot more assembly work took place, however I did not state that thought

Comment

Working...
              X