Beating a dead horse Timing issues with est distributor

thumpr82

Recruit
I know it’s probably been answered but I just can’t seem to find it exactly to what I have. I am trying to set the timing on a 2000 5.7 Volvo Penta with tbi and est distributor. I have the shunt but when I plug it up to the back of the distributor, the boat will not start. I am attaching the wire running out to B+ terminal. I do have a 4-wire plug that I also have to remove before installing the shunt. I found somewhere that I need to jump two of the wires in the plug in the actual boat harness but the color code did not match mine. I have 4 wires: black, tan, gray, white. The tan could be wrong bc it seems faded. If I plug these wires back into the distributor the boat starts up and idles fine. I have a manual, but it is only saying to install the shunt and start the boat. I have the boat set at TDC, and I’m getting lost at this point. Thanks in advance for your help!

thumpr82

Recruit
I figured it out. I had to jump the white black wire to the black wire on the DLC connector and not use the shunt. Hopefully this will help someone else.