Water Pump Cover Screw?

enginesilo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone know the screw dimensions and size for the raw water pump cover on a 5.0 GXI-B engine? The part number is

I can order them but they will take over a week to come. I see some pump rebuilders sell them in stainless steel so it is probably a common threaded bolt, I'm just not sure what the specs are.

Here is my schematic.
http://www.volvopentastore.com/Seaw...on_id.026956876--store_id.366--view_id.786023

If anyone knows I appreciate the details. If not, I'll just order and have to wait it out or go somewhere local with one of the other bolts.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
take one of the other screws out and go to your local ace hardware and pay the $.30 for a screw

enginesilo

Petty Officer 1st Class
take one of the other screws out and go to your local ace hardware and pay the $.30 for a screw

Think that's what I'll do. If they don't have brass, think stainless would be fine since those other pump rebuilding guys use them? If I went that route, I'd just replace all 4 to match.

GeorgeDes

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You should be fine with the ss screws. Use some of the low strength locktite on them. Don’t over-tighten as stainless steel screws and bolts have a tendency to gall and will make it difficult to remove if you have to later.