Need help with starting engine......

JohnandIda

Recruit
This question about a VP4.3GL.
today put my searay 1900 LRS in the water, before I did a testrun while on the trailer.
This is my problem, hope somebody can help. At first the engine cranked, battery fully loaded. Did not start.
I checked the fuel pump, there was fuel to the Carb.
Fuel filter inlet carb was clean. Poured som gasoline into the top of the carb, started immediatelly, kept running for more the 45 minutes....(Idle and higher revs, also while in gear, back and forward)
After shutting down the engine, I tried to start again..... the engine cranked but did not start. Poured in some gas at the top again.... cranked and started in a second.... kept running quit a while ( so.... more then I poured in)
I let it run for more than half an hour....... after put off the ignition...... cranked.... but..... Nope, no start?
After putting in the water I was forced to pull her to my place....not a good start for the season😩😩😩
getting little desperate ....so .... Anyone?

PS: Administrator please advice if in wrong forum, thanx

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,...... Is there a water separatin' fuel filter on it,..??

If so, pull it, 'n examine it's Contents, for anything but clean fresh gasoline,......