Water in oil

corvettedude

Seaman
Ive heard dieseling can lead to water but haven't had any dieseling probs yet this year since the water in oil issue has started. All the water both times came from running the hose for 30 minutes and no dielseling when I shut it down.

corvettedude

Seaman
You need to adjust the throttle cable and the idle screw.
With the motor at temp, remove the throttle cable and adjust the idle with idle screw while holding the throttle plate closed. Once idle is correct, adjust throttle cable so the cable just slides into position. Remove cable again and turn adjusting nut one turn more so that the cable has a slight push to hold the carb clsoed

Thanks man, I honestly can't believe I didn't think to use the idle screw to set a limit. That seems so simple now lol. Always kinda wondered why the VP didn't set it up right when they put it on but it was a free job so I didn't say anything.

corvettedude

Seaman
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated yall but I haven't had the boat out since that test run. Met a girl and got side tracked lol. Anyhow we took it out Saturday and was out for about 6 hours probably driving 4 of those and no problems oil looks good and level is correct. I will update if anything else happens.

dypcdiver

Lieutenant Junior Grade
What!!! met a girl, who stops you using your boat!!!! and you thought water in the oil was a problem. :eek:

corvettedude

Seaman
hey guys this will be my last post because I don't wanna keep reviving a old thread but I wanted to be sure to keep ya updated. anyhow had the boat out again today and no water in oil and the level is right on. still running the mobil 1 10w40. the chick done split though lol ( my 2nd reason for not wanting to see this thread again lol plenty of fish in the sea I guess though right lol) but thanks to everyone who posted and for all of your guys input and help thanks again to you all.