anyone ever chasnge the prop seals on a 2003 dp-sm drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone ever chasnge the prop seals on a 2003 dp-sm drive

i have a v/p dp sm drive with leaking prop seals. is there any special tools i need to replace them. the manual really doesn't give me much detail in doingjust the prop seals,

Have not done it on a DP but have on a B3 and special tools are needed drive must be disassembled
    94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
    95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
    07 Seadoo GTX
    Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
    G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

Yes, just did mine. Vp spanner 3855877, puller 884789, seal kit lower 3856002.

Comment

Not a bad job, as long as you have that spanner. I didn't have the puller either, but I used a bearing puller from harbor Freight and used the prop nut to pull outer tube shaft and bearing housing out. Then just take your time and replace seals and o- rings, lube it up and slide it back in. You will have to crank down hard to get it to go all the way in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lubak572 View Post
          Yes, just did mine. Vp spanner 3855877, puller 884789, seal kit lower 3856002.
          yeah, i have the seal kit on order, the spanner is my only hang up. care to rent me yours?

Comment

I had to borrow one, and sent it back. Mine is on back order sine last dec. Maybe talk to a local marina/mechanic??

Comment

Working...
            X