5.7GSi TBI rebuilt kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.7GSi TBI rebuilt kit

So as I was waiting on an inspiration on how to get my front prop nut off I started cleaning. The flame arrestor looks like it has never been cleaned before. Holy crud bucket. Anyway after seeing that I decided I should go thru the TBI. Found a place I can send the injectors to be cleaned but, as for the rebuild kits I only find kits for automotive. I don’t see anything in there that should be marine specific. does anyone know if those “off the shelf” kits will work in marine TBI? I am looking at the kits with the regulator diaphragm,

I bought my kit from: https://www.sprperformance.com/ and sent my injectors out to: https://www.witchhunter.com/

Comment

waiting on an inspiration on how to get my front prop nut off
      Place a 2x4 between prop and vent plate to hold prop, then loosen nut

“off the shelf” kits
      The TB are the same, all are for GM car and boat. Cleaning the injectors is good idea, but use a place that does marine injectors. Car places can do them but a marine place will test at high rpms
      94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
      95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
      07 Seadoo GTX
      Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
      G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

The marine TBI units on my 5.7 GSI were the BBC ones, they are different than standard car SBC.

Comment

Thanks Lubak572. I contacted SPRPerf and he helped me order the right kit!!!

i did the 2X6 method and just ended up bending my bran new tool for removing the props. Still stuck! Yikes

Comment

i did the 2X6 method and just ended up bending my bran new tool for removing the props. Still stuck! Yikes
            Don;t know which drive you have (didn't mention) but does yours use a cotter pin
            Dumb question, but you are turning it counter clockwise?
            07 Seadoo GTX

Comment

It’s a Duo Prop. The rear prop came off no issues. Front prop not so much!! No cotter pins, doing lefty loosey and its not budging.

Comment

Must be rusted, probably has not been removed in a number of years.
                Could apply some heat, but would need to be something like acetylene, because propane would take to long and may damage the seal. Your doing it correctly, hope you can get it to budge
                07 Seadoo GTX

Comment

Is it a 290dp ? Do you mean the large star lugged prop retainer ?
                  There is a tool for this but a blunt brass dolly and a dunt with a hammer usually gets them. Be certain of the thread direction though.

Comment

It’s a DP-SM. I bought that tool before I started. I bent it. I’m thinking the hammer method was implemented by the previous owner and it misshaped the nut compounding my issue. I’m not a big fan of a torch to my drive either. I’m hoping it’s not been that long since that would mean the drive oil is that old as well. Click image for larger version

Name:	B21EC7E3-4A1B-416F-8FA5-F53F3CB29E5A.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	10737345 It’s a head scratcher for me.

Comment

Well the nut is off!!! But the prop is now stuck as well. Good golly!!

Comment

Working...
                      X