oil pressure issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure issues

i have a 2016 fourwinns with a 200 hp 4.3 l.with a sx outdrive ... never a issue untill now , i keep geting a low oil pressure alarm and check engine light after i get above 3000 rpm the pressure goes from 60 psi down to 0 and goes into limp mode if i back out of the throttle its runs fine .. it has the proper oil level and isnt leaking anything ... i had it on plain for 10 mins before the issue started ... any help would be great BTW this is a low emissions engine with a closed cooling loop
    [/SIGPIC] 2016 FOUR WINNS H190

Might be the sender, install a mechanical gauge on a Tee fitting to verify
    94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
    95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
    07 Seadoo GTX
    Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
    G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

not sure if i can even get to it ..lol i had a mechanic from the marina look at it .. and he does not think its losing oil pressure in the motor, it sound fine even when the issue occurs .. i couldnt leave it with him because we were out of town at the time and i didnt want to have to come back to get it .. so i have to figure it out on my own
      [/SIGPIC] 2016 FOUR WINNS H190

Comment

Unscrew the sender at the back of the block and screw in a mechanical gauge....that is the only way to know if you have oil pressure

If your gauge goes to zero and and the alarm is going off, you have two sensors saying you have low oil pressure.... So unless both the gauge sender AND the pressure switch went bad, you may have low oil pressure.

So screw in a mechanical gauge and check
        Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
        1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
        2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
        1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Yeah. Check the sender. Well known to fail. Occasionaly a pain in the *** to get to on some boats. Next to the oil filter at the back port side usually

Comment

Working...
          X