Starts great then wont start again

amg7204

Recruit
I have a Volvo Pentra V8 in my 2005. Brand new motor as of last year. New battery as of a week ago. I took it out, put it in the water and it started right up. Worked great while off to our spot on the lake. Dropped anchor, fished and swam for 2 hours. Got back into the boat and it wouldn't start. It would turn over but not start. The same thing happened the next day. Both days we had to be towed back. Checked the gas cap for vapor lock, no issue there. The trim is all the way down. One thing I did notice is while running, if I went 3 quarters throttle or higher it would make a revving sound like a jet ski does when your our whipping it around in a circle and its not moving forward.
Once I got back from the lake both days, I had to jump the boat but it would fire up no problem. Anyone have this issue before?

alldodge

Staff member
Being a 2005 I would assume this is a EFI motor, and would help to know the model number (V8 what the heck you have)

There are no mental telepath's here, but maybe some self anointed metal giants

Might be vapor lock if it always happens on hot days after a ride and sit for some time