What Gimbal Bearing Volvo Penta

1BigJim

Recruit
Can someone tell me the part number for gimbal bearing. 99 DP-SM 1.95 serial #4112067868. I have searched the VOLVO website and cannot find it anywhere. Thanks Jim

alldodge

Staff member
All gimbal bearings are the same for VP, OMC, Mercruiser. The bearing is not part of the drive, its part of the transom assembly. Probably why your unable to find it

Just search VP gimbal bearing, or even Merc, same thing

1BigJim

Recruit
All gimbal bearings are the same for VP, OMC, Mercruiser. The bearing is not part of the drive, its part of the transom assembly. Probably why your unable to find it

Just search VP gimbal bearing, or even Merc, same thing

Thanks, I am well aware of its part of the transom assembly. I have been working on Mercruisers for decades. From what I can find searching the internet there are different gimbal bearings for VOLVO, that is why I was asking if someone could possibly tell me the correct part number.

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
I think your is old enough that you need to search by engine model.
What engine is in front of it?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Thanks. I have spent hours on that website. I looked again, I never found any page for transom shield.

You click on the link, it takes you to volvopentastore.com. from there, you pick your motor, from there you click on the trans shield for a parts breakdown

If it takes more than 3 minutes, you are doing something wrong.

Remember, most sites are java heavy, so use a computer and not your phone