5.0l cobra efi no power to fuel pump

I am new to this forum, I’ve tried another forum but not much help solving my problem, so hopefully someone here can point me in the correct direction!
I have a 5.0l cobra engine which I believe is a Volvo Penta motor it’s in a 1993 four Winn’s 190 Horizon. I cannot get power to the fuel pumps. When I stick my
snap on power probe in the 2 green/yellow wires next to the pump and put 12 volts to it. The pumps run and if I hold
power the boat will start right up and run perfect. When cranking those wires get 1.6volts. I just ordered a new relay and alt for the boat. I read on one post someone said that the fuel pump runs off the alt, and my volts gauge was only
reading 12v. So not sure if that’s the fuel pump
issue. But either way I needed a new alt one way or another. Just looking to see if someone has some ideas on what I can do to get the pump working correctly! Thank you

alldodge

Staff member
Do you have a GM or Ford 5.0?
Is it MPI or TBI?

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
also, make sure all the connections to the block and power are perfectly clean.

manuals can be viewed on-line at boatinfo.no, however you need to determine if you have the ford or GM motor.

alldodge

Staff member
Have limited amount of info on the TBI, but start/run should be similar. The relay would be my first thought.

VP Fuel Pumps.JPG