DP or SX

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks that makes sense. I have an '88 H-200 which has a true deep V hull with a 21* deadrise and it has always handled well on the water, but I feel it needs trim tabs to correct a list to port at certain speeds.

I had a Maxum a few years back ... suffered awful bow rise on a full power start (skier) - you could not see water in fro
nt of you - plus chine rocked significantly - fitted a pair of Nauticus SX tabs ... and it was a totally different boat - no bow rise, fast to pane, no listing .... made a huge difference. In fact the different was so remarkable for less than the cost of a tank of fuel it is amazing that US marine put the boat on the market the way it was.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Thanks, I have heard good things about those and they are a lot easier to install than the ones that use either electric or hydrualic contro....

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
Nauticus size them ... simple to fit .... they just work, exactly as they should

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
Can someone tell me what a surf drive is? I googled it and found nothing.

thats the name Four Winns uses for Volvo’s FWD (forward drive). The props face forward like on their IPS drives.

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
Can someone tell me what a surf drive is? I googled it and found nothing.

An outdrive leg with a forward facing propeller ... so pulls boat ... referred to as tractor drive.
They are used on ‘surf boats’ to keep prop a fair distance from rear of transom .. and therefore safer for guys riding a wake close to boat.