bellows DPS-B

larson260

Seaman
I would like to change the bellows on my 2015 DPS-B (#A378340). I did an internet search and came up with nothing as far as the procedure goes. Maby because its a recient drive? The V.P. Workshop manual gives the gimbal ring removal, pivot housing removal and explains the positioning and installation of the bellows, nothing about the replacement procedure. Before ordering any special tools, I sure could use some help. The drive is off and was tested.

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
The DPS-B is almost identical to the DPS-A, which is essentially a SX-A upper. If you can find any instructions for those, you should be able to complete. No special tools are needed. Just make sure you get a fairly liberal amount of grease around the U joint end of the bellows tube and drive "nose" so that you get a good seal when mated back together.

Last edited:

larson260

Seaman
Thanks Birch. I looked up the DPS-A in forum search and found out that I should not have to mess with the gimbal ring or pivot housing. This was my main concern. I will give it a try.

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
Thanks Birch. I looked up the DPS-A in forum search and found out that I should not have to mess with the gimbal ring or pivot housing. This was my main concern. I will give it a try.

You can install the bellows without that disassembly, its tight, but can be done. It is easier to separate those two however. You have made the process easier by pulling the drive.