Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Private Messages

We are aware of a current issue where your messages screen does not properly load and we are working on a fix.

In the interim, you can access you messages by navigating to this link: https://forums.iboats.com/privatemessage/notification

Apologies for the inconvenience.
See more
See less

Shift cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift cable

I have a 2004 Volvo OSI-EF with XDP drive on my Steigercraft 25'. I have to change my shift cable (teleflex extreme) every couple years as it gets stiff. The end of the cable by the drive is submerged in saltwater 8 months a year. It is a bit of a pain to change it out. Any maintenance or procedures to get more time out of one of these shift cables?

Try lubricating them annually. Buy a 2’ length of clear hose that will fit over your shift cable... slide it on and clamp it tight... pour in atf... slide a male fitting for your air compressor and clamp it tight.. hook up to 40 psi and watch for the atf to come out the other end...

Comment

That sounds like a good idea SD2600. Ill give it a try. Ill do it from the helm side so any contaminants will be flushed out.

Comment

Works for me, but my boat lives on a trailer..

Comment

Working...
        X