What are these plugs on 5.7 gxi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these plugs on 5.7 gxi

Just wondering if you can identify what these plugs are for in the pictures? Trying to reorder because I have a new motor and want new parts for the lower end(I don’t want to take this thing back out!)

The items that the wires are connected to are knock sensors. I'm afraid that you didn't give us enough information for a part number.
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."

Comment

On the small block chevy, the Knock Sensor double duty as the Drain Plugs on the Block. In this case they are mounted on tee fittings so as to allow for the drain/flush hoses.

Comment

Those are knock sensors. They are the same for a car or truck, no need to buy VP. Do an eBay search for GM knock sensors, you’ll find ones that look just like them. A fairly cheap part.
        Summer Fling-II
        2008 Chaparral Sunesta 264
        Summer Fling
        2003 Chaparral Sunesta 243

Comment

The fittings are for pumping the oil out without draining.
          Hook up a hose and bucket and start the motor.
          When it's stops pumping, turn off the motor.
          But that doesn't get all the oil out.

Later year models have a dip stick that hooks to the drain plug and is use to remove the oil.

Buy American made Cars and Trucks!!!Towing insurance for a boat,a GREAT thing.
          ​Tools to make my life easier: Battery tester, die grinder, temp.gun, compression tester, DVA meter.

In Scenic , Beautiful San Sebastian by the sea Florida

88 Bayliner 21CC 2001 Mercury 225 HP EFI

PLEASE,NO PERSONAL MESSAGES IF THE QUESTION CAN BE ASKED ON THE OPEN FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by jerryjerry05 View Post
            The fittings are for pumping the oil out without draining.
            Hook up a hose and bucket and start the motor.
            When it's stops pumping, turn off the motor.
            But that doesn't get all the oil out.

Later year models have a dip stick that hooks to the drain plug and is use to remove the oil.
            I want to say something about this but it scares me so much that I can't come up with the words!
            "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."

Comment

Originally posted by wrench 3 View Post

I want to say something about this but it scares me so much that I can't come up with the words!
              One of the marina's I worked at allowed outside mechanics to work on slipped boats.
              One day a "mechanic" showed up to do an oil change. As I walked past the boat I saw he didn't have anything to catch the oil from the filter. So I asked if he was going to use rags to clean out the bilge.

His reply -------- "Nope Iv'e figured out that after I suck out the oil, I start the engine and rev it up a few times. That way when I unscrew the oil filter it's empty and there's no mess"

Didn't quite know what to say.
              Good Luck Muc

Comment

Originally posted by muc View Post
                Didn't quite know what to say.
                not sure what is worse...the fact that this guy gets paid or the fact that someone hired him.
                Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
                1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
                2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
                1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                X