What are these plugs on 5.7 gxi

Fireman78

Seaman
Just wondering if you can identify what these plugs are for in the pictures? Trying to reorder because I have a new motor and want new parts for the lower end(I don’t want to take this thing back out!)

Attachments

• photo305390.jpg
    photo305390.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo305391.jpg
    photo305391.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 0

wrench 3

Commander
The items that the wires are connected to are knock sensors. I'm afraid that you didn't give us enough information for a part number.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
On the small block chevy, the Knock Sensor double duty as the Drain Plugs on the Block. In this case they are mounted on tee fittings so as to allow for the drain/flush hoses.

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
Those are knock sensors. They are the same for a car or truck, no need to buy VP. Do an eBay search for GM knock sensors, you’ll find ones that look just like them. A fairly cheap part.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The fittings are for pumping the oil out without draining.
Hook up a hose and bucket and start the motor.
When it's stops pumping, turn off the motor.
But that doesn't get all the oil out.

Later year models have a dip stick that hooks to the drain plug and is use to remove the oil.

wrench 3

Commander
The fittings are for pumping the oil out without draining.
Hook up a hose and bucket and start the motor.
When it's stops pumping, turn off the motor.
But that doesn't get all the oil out.

Later year models have a dip stick that hooks to the drain plug and is use to remove the oil.

I want to say something about this but it scares me so much that I can't come up with the words!

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
I want to say something about this but it scares me so much that I can't come up with the words!

One of the marina's I worked at allowed outside mechanics to work on slipped boats.
One day a "mechanic" showed up to do an oil change. As I walked past the boat I saw he didn't have anything to catch the oil from the filter. So I asked if he was going to use rags to clean out the bilge.

His reply -------- "Nope Iv'e figured out that after I suck out the oil, I start the engine and rev it up a few times. That way when I unscrew the oil filter it's empty and there's no mess"

Didn't quite know what to say.