Not open for further replies.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
shouldnt need anything between the seal and the transom. not even silly-cone

blast and paint the transom shield

dohcdelsol93

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I did blast and paint but there are imperfections on the shield from corrosion in a few spots.

aimlow

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You can't compare roller cam specs and flat tappet specs directly. Roller lifters contact the cam at one narrow spot. Flat tappet specs are affected by the whole lifter face (3/4" or so) contacting the lobe as the lobe rotates. The wider the lifter face, the longer the duration. Peak lift is the same with both styles. The centerline of the flat tappet lifter is offset from the centerline of the cam lobe..this allows the lifter to spin in it's bore and wear more evenly.

ChrisCraftFan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Okay so this caught my eye. I have an older 2 piece rear seal 350 block in storage. I was planning on getting rid of it and locating a 1 piece version. So we are saying that that block could work in my 2000 VP GSI 5.7 with the DP-SM drive? I am raw water cooled in salt water and figure I will need a new block eventually. I got the block for an old Chris Craft that HAD to have a 2 piece seal block. Great news if I can use this one and not have to do a swap

Status
Not open for further replies.