1988 4.3

Boomoo

Seaman
I just winterize my 1988 4.3 I drained all the petcocks took all the hoses off the thermostat housing in a water pump drain all the water I took the three screws off the out drive No water came out I filled all the hoses with antifreeze the one big hose on the thermostat housing I don’t know if that goes to the power Sterring cooler or not but I drain the water out of it and I filled that full of antifreeze I filled all the hoses with antifreeze the one big hose on the thermostat housing I don’t know if that goes to the power Sterring cooler or not but I drain the water out of it and I feel that full of antifreeze am I missing anything first time ever doing this hope I didn’t screw this up .

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Did you fill the big hose on thermostat until it came back out thermo stat ?
also did you fill other two smaller hoses on thermostat until it came out the drive ?
did you put some in the water pump by taking hose off ? Or drain at least ?
if you have a engine heated domestic hot water system, did you blow through these hoses ?

hope this helps.

Boomoo

Seaman
I put antifreeze into them but I did not fill them up till it up toward came out of the I’ll drive I did fill the big hose going to the water pump with 2 gallons of RV antifreeze and I put a gallon in each side of the exhaust manifolds

Boomoo

Seaman
I am just wondering about the power steering cooler I did not know I even had one

tpenfield

Staff member
Lower hoses on the exhaust manifolds. Take those off to let the exhaust manifolds drain.

Bondo

Staff member
I am just wondering about the power steering cooler I did not know I even had one

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... If ya got P/S, ya got a P/S cooler,.....

Donno Volvos, but it should be plumbed to either the hose goin' To the raw water pump, or the hose comin' Outa the raw water pump,......

Boomoo

Seaman
OK I found the cooler yes I had antifreeze in in it and I had it coming out of the exhaust I’m glad I went back behind engine looking around I find a ground wire off the back of the head it was on the stud but there is no nut . I have no idea where I was going but had two big black wires on it last time I had it out once in a while it was just dialed me but anyhow thank everybody for the information that you gave me