Need some part numbers for 290A reinstall after transom rebuild

dohcdelsol93

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I know i want oem or oe replacement parts for the following

bellows (both)
raw water pick up goose neck
raw water hose.
Transom shield gasket (has silicone on it from factory any better suggestion?)
o ring for y pipe
sealing ring for bell housing
Where the 2nd inside the transom shield goose neck attaches to at the power steering cooler, does this use a sealer as I didnt see an o ring?

a link for a good parts break down site would help me with all this info.

Thanks ahead of time.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Google it and Volvo actually have exploded views with part numbers.
Failimg that, look up the UK parts site keypart and type it in. They have a list of genuine and aftermarket parts.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
use your mouse, click on the little shop icon in the upper left corner of your screen on the forum. click on boat motor parts, then go to volvo, then pick OEM volvo penta parts. from there, pick your correct motor and all sorts of lists with pictures come up.

your boat would not have had silicone on the transom shield from the factory, it would have a transom shield gasket held in place by what is essentialy 3M weatherstriping adhesive.
you need two of the drive sealing donuts
the rubber flange seal for the PS cooler is there too.

dohcdelsol93

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Im using a phone not a computer(cheap android at that) so a lot of things don't show up that would on a computer. The stuff on the transom shield felt like silicon! Should i go back with the 3m sealer or is something like beutle tape(spelling?) Better? Stuff has kept my sailboat windows leak free for years compared to the silicone they used from the factory.

my boat is an 88, ill post up a serial bnumber tonight as engines/outdrives can be sevral years older than the boat hull they are found in.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Should i go back with the 3m sealer or is something like beutle tape(spelling?)

No, get a new transom shield gasket....period. No shortcuts.

you will use a dab of 4200 at the end where they butt together, by dab I mean the size of the toothpaste you put on your toothbrush in the morning

dohcdelsol93

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I didn't mean a sealer in place of the transom seal, just to help it seal, looks like rubber cement in the shield and silicone on the transom side of the rubber.

Are the 2 0 rings reusable or are they one time use?