Need Sx Outdrive bellow# and link.

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does any one have the SX driveshaft bellow part# off hand. I wanna attempt to change mine myself since I’m on vacation for the next week. And would I boats have one. Definitely OEM. And any great step by step links would be great.

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks man got the me on the way. The reviews on the one I ordered OEM. Say it’s a harder rubber compound than the old softer ones. Volvo states it supposed to last longer. I also ordered the. Bellow sealant. Iv seen a few links and threads on how to and easiest way to install. But when I’m done I’ll give my own account. On my experience install it

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
go to the iboats store site, click on the volvo penta link and it takes you to the volvo penta site to get all the parts you need.

make sure to run OEM volvo penta parts

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yea I looked for the OEM bellow on iboats. Couldn’t find it. So I had to go to Amazon.

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
The new bellows are more of a plastic material rather than the old ones that were more rubbery.

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Yip I got it. It’s like a kinda hard plastic. It would seem like the hard plastic would dry out and crack sooner. But I guess they know something I don’t lol. Hey do I use the sealant with this one? I ordered some says mercy bellow sealant

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Yea I looked for the OEM bellow on iboats. Couldn’t find it. So I had to go to Amazon.

you didnt do as I stated. the link on Iboats will open up volvopentastore.com

Horigan

Chief Petty Officer
...Hey do I use the sealant with this one? I ordered some says mercy bellow sealant

On the transom side I use Triple Guard grease to help ensure the inner ridge of the bellow drops into the groove on the gimbal housing. On the pivot housing side I use Permatex Aviation liquid gasket sealant around the pivot housing before pulling the bellows into the pivot housing. You then grease the surfaces of the U-joint assembly and bearing carrier of upper housing with Triple Guard grease before sliding it into the pivot housing and bellows.

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Installed the drive bellow today. Took me about 3 hours. And I was messing Around. Resetting trim sender was kind of a booger. But no big deal!

Attachments

• photo304125.jpg
    photo304125.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • photo304126.jpg
    photo304126.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
[No message]

Attachments

• photo304127.jpg