Where to connect blow-out plug on 4.3GL?

USA_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
okay, I assumed since it was on iboats people might use them...I think I've given up on that idea LOL

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Just drain and poke all the holes. If there is any residual water left it will have room to expand if it freezes. If you want to use AF after you drain do not use pink stuff, it gets hard at a bit above zero, I don't think its really good enough for cast iron engines. Either leave it dry, or use
-100 marine AF that stays liquid down to -45
Sierra brand no tox AF when mixed 50/50 stays liquid down to -26

both are far better than the -50 or -60.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
pull plugs
poke ports
drain all 5 locations on your block/manifolds
remove large hose and drain
drain line to raw water pump

if adding PG makes you warm and fuzzy, then add -100F PG for engines with a funnel

USA_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well the only reason I say I want the pink stuff is this boat was neglected some; used in fresh water lake with high slat content (nothing compared to the ocean though) and then put away and only ever drained in winter but otherwise salty water sat in it...it was also sat for 5yrs with no usage. I was hoping after I use some salt terminator to flush the system of rust and corrosion that the pink stuff would protect it from further corrosion by keeping moist air out of the block in the winter time???

Am I mistaken? Or will the pink stuff block the moist air after I've flushed the system as best I can?

Also, where are the FIVE locations? I know about 4 drain plugs and then of course whatever hoses yall say to take off.