Help! Please help! 5.7 gxi-d mpi engine issue?

alldodge

Staff member
Connect the scanner and while running watch the fuel pulse width and TPS values. See if it changes are not smooth and steady.

Can also disconnect throttle cable, then connect scanner and with the motor OFF and key ON, rotate the throttle slowly and watch the change

muc

"Retired" Association of Marine Technicians...
Do you have the Volvo service manuals for your engine? If you post a serial number, I can tell you what one you need.
You really need the Volvo manuals ----- they have most of the info you will need. And for a problem like you have it's very difficult for me to help you if you don't have them.

The balance test is best done under load @1500-1800 rpm. And really isn't a valid test done out of the water.
At this point your doing tests and replacing parts in no logical order. That usually makes the job longer, costlier and can complicate things when you replace a good part with a new not so good part.

AllDodge "Can also disconnect throttle cable, then connect scanner and with the motor OFF and key ON, rotate the throttle slowly and watch the change" yup, I don't disconnect the cable because I like to do tests as close to real world as possible. But if your scanner cable isn't long enough, that would be another way.

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
Bad spark plugs? I know they are new but based on your last posting, all I can think of.

Jeepen

Cadet
MUC - Thank you for all of your help. I will work on getting the Volvo Manuals. Also I am working on obtaining the diacom program so I can do a more detailed scan. I will be getting back to you as soon as I have some more results and numbers. I agree with you totally about throwing parts at it. It is costly, and makes no sense. But hind side I am learning and knowledge is priceless. Its been an honor talking with everyone on this site and look forward to many more conversations.

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
DOUGLESW - Please get back to me on your program and wire connector. I would love to get this ASAP. I don't mind paying for any help as well. I need to gather as much data as possible so I can get over this herdal.

Did you see the link in post #15? That is all you need. I do not have any spare cables or parts. It would take longer for me to get them, build the cable, and ship to you than if you did it.