Spark Plug Advice - 5.0 GXI

enginesilo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looking for some spark plug advice. Engine is a 5.0 GXI-B. The manual calls for 2 sets of part #21467472. I've seen chatter online that says these are Champion plugs and can be purchased or cross referenced to something different and cheaper, or better (Iridium). Is this so? Looking to save a buck if it makes sense, or get a better plug.

What do you all suggest?

alldodge

Staff member
Don't know about 41-101 right off hand but I'll put it this way. You can use a standard plug, platinum plug, iridium plug and the motor will run the same. The issue your looking at is platinum last longer the standard and iridium last longer then platinum. I use MR43T regular plugs and change them when needed ro every 500 hours. I usually get to 500 hours and they still don't need them but if I feel energetic I'll replace them

My opinion, others usually vary

enginesilo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Don't know about 41-101 right off hand but I'll put it this way. You can use a standard plug, platinum plug, iridium plug and the motor will run the same. The issue your looking at is platinum last longer the standard and iridium last longer then platinum. I use MR43T regular plugs and change them when needed ro every 500 hours. I usually get to 500 hours and they still don't need them but if I feel energetic I'll replace them

My opinion, others usually vary

Makes sense. I went with the 41-993's since they would arrive quickly like you said they should be fine.