3.0 Volvo Penta StartIng Hard Warm

Hello! I have a 98 Glastron with the 3.0 Volvo Penta in it. Last weekend it started doing this thing where it would take almost 20 minutes to start after running for a period of time. My first guess was the coil. Replaced and thought I had it fixed but it started doing it again.. not sure what my next step should be as I am not to familiar with boat motors. Once the motor is running it runs and idles great! Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

alldodge

Staff member
Need to find out if its fuel or spark. So when you try to start look down the carb and see if fuel is dripping. If good, check for 12V at the + side of the coil.

Have you tried starting by giving it more throttle?

Thanks! I will check that this weekend. I have tried starting it with giving it more fuel but something must not be right with my throttle.. I push the safety button in and it still will do nothing when I try to crank it. Only way it will try and crank is if the throttle is in the neutral position, so I’m not sure what’s going on with that either.. once the boat is running it runs like a top, idles great, runs great. And the not starting is very intermittent. Sometimes it will restart just fine. Very lost with it.

alldodge

Staff member
. I push the safety button in and it still will do nothing when I try to crank it.

May need to get into your throttle control to see what the issue is. In most cases, parts can be found for repair