5.7 gs hard starting issue.

alldodge

Staff member
There are two screws on the side of the carb that I turned in and counted the number of turns it took and put them back to their original position. I don't remember how many turns it was anymore but I know they were not equal on each side.

Those are your idle mixer screws. The initial is about 2 turns out once bottomed out. When bottoming them out its only a very light touch, to hard and it damages the needle end. Once the motor is running turn them in until the motor starts running ruff a little, then back out until smooth. Do them one at a time and when motor is warmed up.

With the hard start when warm I would recheck the float setting, the bowl is probably to full or the needle valve is leaking

raceboy002

Cadet
criscolumbus - Yea I checked the choke plate on the carb. Its closed when the engine is cold ad about the time the temp gauge gets above 100 degrees F it starts opening.

alldodge - I think messing with those screws may be worth tinkering around with. As long as I write down where they are before I start.