A270 where is the "right" place to position all the hose clamps

Skidude17

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1969 19' Glasply with an AQ150 and an AQ200 outdrive. I know the title says AQ270, but most people don't recognize the 200 as an outdrive, and for this instance everything should be the same.

I'm trying to figure out the "right" way to orient all the hose clamps for everything between the drive and the hull that gives the proper access for tightening and removing. I know I've seen a picture on here, but I can't find it again.

This is my first I/O, and I've been working on fixing the mistake of not regularly changing the bellows for almost a year now. When I dig into something, I have a tendency to say, "while I'm here I might as well…" I removed the engine to change the bearing (a story in itself), stripped the engine and painted it, I've got the engine back in, and most of the outdrive reinstalled, but before I attach the upper gear housing, I want to make sure I have all the hose clamps on the proper position.

I would appreciaye any help identifying the "right" way to position the hose clamps, and if anybody knows where to find that pic, that would be a huge help.

PhrozeN_FisH

Seaman Apprentice
I think this may be what you're looking for.

Attachments

• photo283548.jpg
    photo283548.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 0

kenny nunez

Captain
To make the job easier get a 7mm 1/4” drive universal socket and some extensions of various lengths if you are using the Volvo clamps, or a 5/16” version of the same if using the other version of clamps. This gives less chance of stabbing a hole in the boots with a screwdriver.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
A flex extension is your friend
https://www.craftsman.com/products/craftsman-flex-extension-bar-1-4-in-drive

prod_17810181212.

Maclin

Admiral
When I bought the OEM bellows kit, it had a diagram in the package.