Volvo Sx-M Tilt and Trim Hose Thread

4.3/sx

Cadet
One of my trim cylinders is stripped out and I want to drill and tap it but I can't find a adapter/coupler that will thread on to the hose. Does anyone know of a source for a coupler that will accept these compression fittings and has threaded outside?

I had a trim pump that had a couple like I need on it but I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
I know of no fitting which can be tapped to do what you want. Think it has something like a female inverted flare, you might be able to tap an 1.8 inch NPT then go back to an inverted flare, but really don't think it will work. Maybe someone else does but think you need another cylinder

4.3/sx

Cadet
I know of no fitting which can be tapped to do what you want. Think it has something like a female inverted flare, you might be able to tap an 1.8 inch NPT then go back to an inverted flare, but really don't think it will work. Maybe someone else does but think you need another cylinder
Yeah, that's pretty much the conclusion I had came to. The fittings are Parker Series 92, the only thing they're used on is tilt and trim and it's my understanding that they only make male fittings.

I've got four or five complete sterndrive set ups sitting here that I take parts off of. Several of the trim cylinders leak though. This is one that didn't and I was hoping someone would know of a magic fix.

One of the hoses blew out on the right side, in the process of changing that, I stripped the threads on it. It's a great design.................... for Volvo. Put a stainless fitting into aluminum cylinder that is constantly submerged in saltwater.