Volvo Penta service manuals no longer open?

ron3033

Seaman
Volvo Penta service manuals no longer open? Or am I not finding the one that now do open? I was in the Volvo section the late DonS set up, under free manuals and no go? Can some one give me the correct links to the manuals? I have a 1995 Four Winns, 200 Horizon, humpback Volvo Penta Cobra Sx drive, 5.0 litre Ford carburetor engine. Drive, engine, electrical controls...etc would be great.
Thank You
ron3033

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Most service manuals can be found on boatinfo.no in the manuals/Volvo penta section. You'll want your actual model numbers though, as boat year doesn't mean much.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I wouldn't solely rely on online manuals and the boatinfo.no is a perfect example of why you shouldn't.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Many, many links to online manuals are drying up. When Don S and others provided links to manuals, the source was valid. However, as an example, Mercury/Brunswick goes to great lengths to protect copyrighted material which is a source of revenue and they force the online repositories to remove manuals.

Unfortunately, this is the world we live in now and a hard copy or CD copy from manufacturers is becoming the only way to get OEM manuals. You can buy Clymers or Seloc manuals, but many years and models jumbled together making it hard to find what you need on a particular motor/drive.

As far as Boatinfo, I think they are done. The site has come and gone several times in the past couple of years, but the new message is saying the host has cut them off. They may return and then again, they may not. :noidea:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
then go the hard way and call volvo penta and find out the service manual via your year and model number.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
You can also find out what model you have by the serial number of the drive. Just a little harder.