Skegshield doesn't fit - outdrive identification

rcollette

Cadet
I have a 2005 Campion Allante and it definitely has a Volvo SX-M 1.79 outdrive. I went to put on a skegshield but the cutout for the gear oil drain plug doesn't line up. Since this is a used boat, I'm wondering if the outdrive is not original to the boat. The serial number tag is pretty beat up and after coming back bead blasting, the masking tape pulled off even more of the black background. The linked photo is the best I have to try to identify what year this outdrive is. Help appreciated (I'll have a large post soon for my entire cleanup project). For some reason the boards won't let me attach a photo hence the google photos link.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d2rZRfIqQWFGgY5B2

rcollette

Cadet
If I move it down and back, then the cutout is below the drain plug rather than around it which makes me believe it is too low. I send a picture to the manufacturer and they said to send it back. There was also rubbing compound left in the interior. When I put it on it all dropped to the bottom and would have clogged the drain hole. Having seen it, I can't imagine that debris isn't going to get in there and clog it anyway.