sx outdrive.last hose in upper manifold removal

broke4now

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all.so i noticed oil seeping out of my 99 sx trim hoses and thought id just replace them.sounded good at the time.im down to the last hose and it does not have enough clearance to get a wrench on it.surely someone has a suggestion how to get this out without pulling the engine.book says "use a small drift to drive it out of the housing from the inside of the boat".seriously?!!!!!! I was thinking of getting a dremal or something to grind a little off the the transome shield to get a socket on it but ill wait for other ideas .thanks in advance

Attachments

• photo262463.jpg
    photo262463.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 0

wrench 3

Commander
The operation from the manual you're describing is to pull the manifold to replace the inside hoses. Have you tried a crows foot on a 3/8 johnson bar on the line nut?

broke4now

Seaman Apprentice
thanks for replying ,yes ive tried a crows foot but thers not enough room to swing it,the other end of the crows foot hits the drive shaft housing on the down swing.it is so close to the transom housing a wrench wont slip between the wall and the line nut.i dont see how these were put on after the manifold was put on.