Need help identifying correct steering actuator 8.1GXI-A

Johnfrmcal

Recruit
Let me start by saying I have not removed the old actuator yet, I'm trying to buy a replacement first and VP does not necessarily make it a slam-dunk to figure out which part numbers apply to my application, especially when VP seems to infer that there is more than one. In any event, can anyone help me identify which is the correct hydraulic steering actuator for my application? Here are all the particulars:

The boat is a 2003 Crownline 270 BR

The engine is a Volvo Penta 8.1GXI-A, serial number 4012079505

The outdrive is a DPS-A (I believe) and the serial number is 4151024495 (VP website says this is 3868850 or TSK SX-MHP (AQ) )

From what I have found, there are potentially two actuators that could apply to my application?? The first one is, I believe, a newer style, which is part number 3812269 (which apparently has been replaced by new part number 21910902).

The older style part number appears to be 3858128.

I could just look at the actuator because the difference is obvious, but my boat is on a lift on my dock at our weekend house and I won't be back up there til Friday, and I'd like to have the new part in hand by then. Can anyone help me?

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If your problem is that it is leaking, have you considered a rebuild? Many of the actuators have rebuilt kits available for about $100, which is FAR less than the cost of a new actuator. The actuators themselves are very basic - just fluid moving one direction or another. I rebuild mine two years ago and it is doing great.