Fresh/Seawater Water Impeller Kit

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 2000 Larson with the 4.3GL-PWTR (believe this is a '99 engine). Went to boatinfo.no and downloaded all of the related manuals. Not entirely certain the manuals are correct for this engine. Manual does not properly depict what I have exactly. When I removed the two hoses and the bracket the impeller comes off and only a bearing stays on the shaft (see image below), whereas the manual shows something a bit different. Not sure what the correct part number is for a replacement kit.

This is what I have:
Leak

Impeller housing removed

Housing disassembled

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks Dodge. That is the diagram I have as well. Interesting, if that was a functional diagram and you bolted the impeller housing onto that pulley all hell would result; engine would twist that brass (part #6) into a twizzler stick. No bearing either. :confused:

I think the diagram mistakenly interconnected the other half of the brass housing to the pulley itself, but in doing so they forgot the bearing that is pressed onto the shaft (see two lower photos in post above).

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Digging around...anyone know what the part# would be for the bearing that is not shown?

km1125

Chief Petty Officer
Interesting, if that was a functional diagram and you bolted the impeller housing onto that pulley all hell would result; engine would twist that brass (part #6) into a twizzler stick. No bearing either. :confused:

I think the diagram mistakenly interconnected the other half of the brass housing to the pulley itself, but in doing so they forgot the bearing that is pressed onto the shaft (see two lower photos in post above).
I think that diagram is just missing the line between the bearing housing and the pulley. The bearing would be inside that housing, right?

The pulley and housing and bearing are part of the "pump assembly". I'm guessing that the bearing is pressed onto the shaft and the housing is pressed onto the bearing, meaning that it's not normally a "user replaceable" part, except as an assembly. You might be able to get the bearing at a regular bearing shop though.

Last edited:

km1125

Chief Petty Officer
Just reading some of the reviews, it sounds like there are two different widths of impellers for these designs. Make sure you get the right one for your application.

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks guys. Ordered from rawpumps....awesome outfit!

Last edited: