2005 Stingray 180 RX overheating - How do I remove the bench for full engine access?

rpeckcharleston

Recruit
Took my 2005 Stingray 180RX with a Volvo Penta 3.0GLP-C 4 cyl out last weekend and it started to overheat. Spoke to a mechanic and he said it was most likely a bad impeller. Suggested that I replace the thermostat and make sure I account for all fins that may have broken from the impeller.

My problem is that the bench is in front of the engine and I am unable to access the impeller. Does anyone know how to remove the bench to get full engine access?

Attachments

• Bench.jpg
    Bench.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Bench in way of front access.jpg
    Bench in way of front access.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 1

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... Donno yer particular boat, But,.....

Look under the seat, 'n inside the gunnels all around where that panel attaches,...
There's screws in there somewhere holdin' it altogether,....

Anything 'round there that you can move, Move it,...
Shake, wiggle, 'n pull, the screws should make themselves obvious,...
Where ever it's Stuck, there's probably a screw from behind, or hidden in some carpet,....

Probably a bunch of phillips head ssteel screws, so be careful, they're heads strip easily,...
An impact driver works well,..... or a drill driver even,....

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Somebody's got a sense of humor designing that set up. Have you looked on line on stingrays website for parts drawings? Sea ray had a downloadable set for my 200 sport even had manufacturer parts numbers for the fuel sender I needed.