2012 5.7 320 hp Gxi Winterizing

Kdpierson3

Recruit
Just purchased a 2012 Four Winns H260 with the 320 hp 5.7. We ran out and need to rewinterize after testing it. What is the recommended process for this motor? Can I use the engine flushing hose connection to run antifreeze through it? Any info would be greatly appreciated as I've always owned Merc and never a VP.

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
Drain all water from block and manifolds by pulling plugs. Pull hoses from water pump. Depending on where you live and how much winter you have left that should basically take care of you. Even as far north as IN it appears winter is waning.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
No you cant suck antifreeze up and have a protected motor. Pull all the drains, disconnect the big hose, and both hoses from the raw water pump.

Kdpierson3

Recruit
Thanks for the info guys! I've drained it according to this info and the manual. Do you guys ever use antifreeze too? On my old Merc I always drained and ran antifreeze as an extra protectant. Maybe that is not needed anymore? Thoughts? Thanks all!

Thalasso

Commander
Thanks for the info guys! I've drained it according to this info and the manual. Do you guys ever use antifreeze too? On my old Merc I always drained and ran antifreeze as an extra protectant. Maybe that is not needed anymore? Thoughts? Thanks all!

As long as you drain the block and circ pump hose first, it should work fine. (
flushing hose connection)

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
You could add antifreeze if you wish, I do. I`m just thinking that with no more winter than we have left , it might not be needed.