2001 FOUR WINNS HORIZON 170 3.0GL STARING CURCUIT ISSUE

340DUNN

Recruit
Horizon 170 turn key to on (dash gauges on) turn to start, and no start with horn blasting from side of engine block! This had started with 10 minutes out it would die and would have blown 15amp ignition fuse. This developed into wouldn't start without blowing fuse until cold engine. I had thought I had it fixed last evening when I discovered two wiring harnesses that were riding against back of head that shared alternator wires inside and one with wiring to starter solenoid against front of head, I supported these location away from head with rubber shim and had power to starter on my only test. So next morning when I went back to support these harnesses away from block, but... I again first tested for engine crank but this time I got what I've posted "this alarm horn blasting at me"~! Anyone seen this before! <<Oh, With my diagnostic time I discovered one maybe side question, my Four Winns Horizon wiring Diagram shows a three wire ignition switch, but this boat has a four wire ignition.?>> Thanks anyone for help, I'm just trying to get this boat ready for spring with kids and grandkids coming out to our lake, Cliff

Last edited:

wrench 3

Commander
It sounds like you need to open up that wiring harness and repair whatever the chafing damaged.