Where is the starter relay

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've got a celco manual but the diagrams are screwy. Is it in this black 50 amp box. Thx. Also I never could find the water drain plug on the SX outdrive for wintertime?

Attachments

• photo259450.PNG
    photo259450.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
The solenoid is on the starter. As about a water drain on the out drive... There isn't one. The are two on the block, one on each exhaust manifold, and the one a lot of people forget or don't know about, is on the intake manifold on carbureted models

alldodge

Staff member
From what I'm finding is your starter relay is square, and should be on top the motor. Looks like a small square box and same as the fuel pump relay

VP GL and GS elect.jpg

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok. Cool thank you guys. There are two realays side by side. Directly in front of the throttle body. Maybe one of them is the starter relay and one is the fuel pump relay. I'm going to take that 50 amp black box apart today to see what's in there.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
The starter relay is in the box that is on the starboard riser. The other 2 relays you are talking about are the fuel pump/fuel injection relays.

Shaper79

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got it. Thank Bruce. Threw in a spare relay and a trim toggle switch. Just in case along with fuses.