New fuel injection sytem

Dave-R

Chief Petty Officer
I bought a 2011 boat that was swamped,and the engine was under water. I planned buying a new 5.7 Volvo long block for it, as the boat is a multi port fuel injected engine now. I'm not sure I can re-use the existing EFI system. I'm thinking maybe the Holley marine fuel injection system. Would I be able to use GM parts for the rails and injectors, and then use a marine ECM? Any thoughts would be appreciated ? I don't want to do a half a$$ job, and I would like it to be as close to original as possible. Thanks Dave-R

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Saltwater, or fresh,..??

How long was it down,..??

Dave-R

Chief Petty Officer
It was in fresh water Bondo. About a month. The salvage Co. I bought it from said as soon as they pulled it, they drained, cleaned and pickled the engine. This is a 2011 Cobalt 232 bow rider. It looks absolutely beautiful. It went out on it's maiden voyage and they got swamped in a storm. The trailer had only been used once also. I should have never looked at the boat, but it was love at first sight. The salvage yard had the boat for a couple of years, thinking that when he got time he would finish the project. The engine is a Volvo 5.7 MPI. What I will probably do is buy a new crate engine, but I am not quite sure what to do about the ignition, and EFI systems. If you have any ideas, I will appreciate your advice. Thanks Dave-R

Bondo

Staff member
said as soon as they pulled it, they drained, cleaned and pickled the engine.
What I will probably do is buy a new crate engine, but I am not quite sure what to do about the ignition, and EFI systems. If you have any ideas,

Ayuh,..... I'd try to start what's there,.... They pickled it, it might be just Fine,....