Oil pressure sensor-location?

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
I have a `08 5.7 GXI-J and my oil pressure gage is sending erratic readings. I think I may have a loose connection somewhere, or perhaps a defective sending unit as the engine seems to be running fine and the oil level is good. Can someone tell me where on the engine block this sensor is located and how easy it to get to. Thanks.

alldodge

Staff member
I have a `08 5.7 GXI-J and my oil pressure gage is sending erratic readings. I think I may have a loose connection somewhere, or perhaps a defective sending unit as the engine seems to be running fine and the oil level is good. Can someone tell me where on the engine block this sensor is located and how easy it to get to. Thanks.

It's in one of two places, On the top deck of the motor behind the distributer, or port side down low, rear of the engine where the oil lines come out to the remote oil filter. Yours should be down low on the port side. The one on the top in most cases is the oil pressure switch and not the sender. The sender is a bit larger

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
After doing some further research, it seems the low pressure numbers that I was seeing at idle are normal. I might be good after all.