1970's Ted Williams 7.5 hp out board motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman89

Recruit
I have a seven and a half hp when it starts it'll run f when it starts it'll run for a little bit and then it just dies like its flooded and gas leaks out the exhaust does anyone know where to get a rebuilt carburetor or parts to rebuild a carburetor

freeisforme

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1970's Ted Williams 7.5 hp out board motor

I got a needle and seat and bowl gasket for mine at the local hardware store, its the same as most Tecumseh powered lawn mowers. Most that I've seen mainly need the needle seat replaced with one that can tolerate ethanol.

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

Duckbill.jpgDuckbill.jpgYou gotta post a model number. Then you can go here to get part numbers;

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action

Then you can get OEM parts either here;

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action

or here;

Results for ESKA - Sears / Ted Wms

You most likely have a split or torn fuel pump element, aka duckbill - It's an orange rubber part that's set in the face of the moounting flange of the carburetor. Sorry about the double dip. Be sure you put the new dickbill in at the 45 degree angle shown, or you'll be doing it twice.

Batman89

Recruit

I went to the sears web sit and they are saying the numners come back nothing it was running. I ran a full tank out filled it back up and now this i can get it to start but it runs hi rpm for a min then dies

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

Fuel starvation does that. Is your fuel pump element OK? clean that carb in detail, man. You know you got spark and compression, the only thing left is fuel delivery.

dscsr

Recruit

I have a 70s ted Williams motor but have a few questions before I try to start it. first, the model # is 217-5949-0 and the serial # is 199174. is this a 1974 motor? if not, what year? second, what is the correct fuel mixture? and last, is this an air cooled engine? thanks for your help.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

its a 1973 mix is 32:1 and it is air cooled powerhead but has a water pump in the exhaust leg to keep it cool.

Eska7.5hp

Recruit
I have an eska 7.5
I keep blowing the diaphragm fuel pump.
Im wondering why this keeps happening

the carburator is spotless
I positioned the fuel pump in a 2 oclock position

Status
Not open for further replies.