An Eska journey. from that to this

Re: An Eska journey. from that to this

DSC02289.JPGDSC02293.JPGDSC02673.JPGDSC03234.JPGheres the rest of the remote shift. not sure how to explain it except to say there was a lot of failed attemps along this path. but i am rebuilding this to power a boat that i am designing and building that requires a remote powerplant. so a fellas got to do what a fellas got to do. i'll try to put a list of all the mods for tommorrow.

this has been very enjoyable sharing my hobby with others who like it as much as i do. i know i sure learn a lot on this forum from you guys. look forward to getting more fedback or questions

I'LL TRY ANYTHING TWICE.

well here's a list in no particular order of the mods to this machine.

solid alum prop nut, s\s baffle plates, s\s lower sift shaft, brass lined water pump, s\s checkered clamp pads and pins, bronze bushing in pull start, retro lower engine crank seal, tilt locking pin boss repair and reinforced.

in addition to these mods ,i happened to pick up a some 3\8 titaniun rod at the local junk yard, so i put it to good use. made the short shift shaft, rev limiting shaft, transom mount seperater bolt, center of main tilt bolt( outer is s\s), tilt locking pin (spring loaded off).

every nut ,bolt, pin and washer (except critical engine bolts) are 316 s\s. all bearings, bushings, seals have been replaced in the entire outboard. it has new impeller, carb kit, plugs, thermostat, prop hub, prop, and a nice shinny desert camo paint job with red accents.

hope i didnt forget anything. got another on the go that i have to find a powerhead for. its a front shift mod and a few more surprises.

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

Really a nice looking project, man.

nwcove

Admiral

ok i guess i'll get to the controls. first the box. after a few not so successful attempts, got the physics worked out. used a peice of aluminum, 1/8, for the bottom. and two 1/8 lexan for the middle and front pannel. some 7/16 spacers in between pannels. rivnuts on the aluminum plate hold the entire assembly togeather from the front of the controlls. a little tricky to get together but not to,to bad. worksView attachment 136323View attachment 136324View attachment 136325View attachment 136326 some slick i hope they hold up cause i have a boat in the moddeling stage that i built the motor for. styro sm ply, and aluminum. 10 ft. surfboard that you kinda lay down on but forward to drive, face down . takes both new and old omc cables with a small retro.

a small surfboard...that you laydown on..face forward....yikes!!! lol

MahtyMaht

Chief Petty Officer

I expect any body cruising around Nova Scotia in the intended prototype boat would likely be wearin' a wet suit. Surelike to see some pics of the boat/motor/controls.