1951 sea king... parts????

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodymartin

Seaman
just bought a 1951 sea king 5hp..... 15gg-9015...ser#367677..... trying to get it going... does anyone know a place to get parts???? right now i need the friction spring for the pull start.... i have the parts catalog and owners guide....

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1951 sea king... parts????

Stuff like igniton parts, right here at iboats. Other stuff, www.marinengine.com Just enter your part number in their search field.

Another one---don't overlook your local Evinrude dealer. But there again, you have to go in armed with part numbers or they won't give you the time of day. If the part is still available, they can order it for you.

If the part is obsolete, try a free want ad on the classified ads pages at the antique outboard club's website, www.aomci.org

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

acmeoutboards.com has a manual/guide for your sea king.

jodymartin

Seaman

thanks for the info...... I got it running pretty good.... I just need to clean the carb.... does anyone know the color of the motor and were I can get it..... trying to restore it to factory condition....

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Would that year be the reddish one or the blue one?

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

51 should be the blue color...try to do some color matching anywhere duplicolor auto paints are sold.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

thanks for the info...... I got it running pretty good.... I just need to clean the carb.... does anyone know the color of the motor and were I can get it..... trying to restore it to factory condition....
Someone at the antique outboard site suggested may have reproduction paint or know what color is and may know a present day close color.Just use the forum.

jwh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey1 How are you doing? Wonder if I could get a copy of your manual and parts book. I have the same motor. Be glad to pay you for it. John johncarol12@att.net I have not started mine yet. Thing looks like new.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Well, jugding by your 15GG model number, I bet you have the modern universal ignition system. Post a pic of it, to be sure.

If that is what you have, then ignition parts are readily available. e won't know for sure, til you post a pic of your coils

F_R

Supreme Mariner

15GG9015A indeed is a 1951, and yes it has the OMC Universal Magneto. The magneto parts are available all over, including here at iboats.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Good. Lucky man. My 47 has the old style ignition, but fortunately, everything is like new. It looks as though the earlier ones like mine, used the same igntion as the old Johnson TD's. The coils and stuff on my HD-20 looks just like that of the pre-1951 Sea Kings, as well.

Reedy44

Recruit
MOD EDIT - Keep looking but do it elsewhere. We are not a buy. sell or swap site.

Status
Not open for further replies.